Join the Archer Gray Team!
Posted: July 24, 2017
Archer Gray is seeking a bookkeeper with 2+ years of relevant finance experience and enthusiasm for media and venture capital to join our team. The position is based in New York and available immediately.
While the role is primarily aligned with Archer Gray, the candidate will also have secondary responsibilities providing finance support for the NYC office of our London-based sister company, Anthemis.
This role involves day-to-day management of the firm’s cash flow, balance sheet, investment valuations, budget, and operational expenses.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line 'Bookkeeper Position'.
About Archer Gray
Archer Gray is a media production, finance and venture investment company driven by a passion for innovation, integrity, and results. Through our production arm, Archer Gray relies on a unique blend of expertise to develop, finance, and produce original stories with maximum commercial and artistic appeal. Through our venture arm, we make investments in early-stage media-technology companies that are creating new value and opportunities from inefficient markets and industries.
Anthemis Group is the leading venture investment and advisory firm at the centre of a vibrant ecosystem of start-ups and financial institutions, dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital age. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners and enthusiastic problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services. To learn more visit www.anthemis.com
- Manage incoming payments and outgoing expenses and investments, including reconciling/coding transactions to specific entities and projects
- Track investments, recoupment, profit and write-offs for individual film/TV/theater projects and venture capital investments
- Assist with annual budgeting
- Manage Annual, Monthly and Weekly reporting. Specifically, this will include:
- Cash balances report with summary of the week’s financial activity
- Detailed statement of revenues and expenses for each LLC and Combined, in Excel
- Updating a YTD budget rollup, reconciling each individual LLC’s P&L, income statements and investment reports into a cumulative snapshot
- Tracking development costs against each film project and providing reports for the productions team of spend to date
- Tracking total investment, recoupment and profits by investment (projects and companies)
- Ongoing responsibilities:
- Monitoring cash position and cash flow across all entities
- Running cost reports as needed and upon request
- Posting of accruals and journal entries
- Liaise with tax accountants on preparation of federal and state returns.
- Liaise with the IRS if required on any tax-related matters
- Manage 1099 process
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience working either in film financing or media-related corporate finance, banking or investments. Familiarity with venture capital is a plus.
- An analytical background, with experience applying general finance mathematics (forecasting, discounting, etc.), and very keen eye for accuracy and detail.
- Mastery of key investment metrics (IRR, ROI, etc.) and general knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online (Archer Gray) and Xero, Expensify (Anthemis)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- A collaborative working style and positive personality
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve, as well as prioritize and multitask efficiently.
There may also be the opportunity to provide interim finance support to some of Anthemis’ early start-up portfolio companies based out of the US
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Archer Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Archer Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Archer Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or genetics, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Archer Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.