Join the Archer Gray Team!
We're currently hiring for the following positions:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Archer Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Archer Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Archer Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or genetics, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Archer Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Position: Manager, Accounting & Finance
Archer Gray is seeking a Manager, Accounting & Finance, with 2+ years of relevant accounting experience and enthusiasm for media and venture capital. The position is based in New York .
The candidate will also have secondary responsibilities providing accounting support for the NYC office of our London-based sister company, Anthemis.
This role involves day-to-day management of the firm’s cash flow, balance sheet, investment valuations, budget, and operational expenses.
o Maintaining general ledger and financial statements
o Managing project coding for reporting
o Weekly cashflow
o Monthly P&L against budget
o Preparation of year-end financial statements
o Reconciliation and management of payroll
o Administering employee benefit payments and IRA contributions
o Manage 1099 process
o Oversight for Annual Tax reporting
o Liaise with tax accountants on preparation of federal and state returns
o Liaise with the IRS if required on any tax-related matters
o Managing Accounts Payable & Receivable, Creditors & Debtors etc.Year-end procedures including accruals, journals, depreciation, etc.
o Manage banking relationship
Track investments, recoupment, profit and write-offs for film/TV/theater projects and venture capital investments
Preparation of annual budget with reforecasting intra-year
Business modelling for new investment vehicles or business scenarios
Cashflow management and forecasting
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve, as well as prioritize and multitask efficiently
- Experience working in media industry or venture capital is a plus
- Experience applying general finance mathematics (forecasting, discounting, etc.), and keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Mastery of key investment metrics and general knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Familiarity with cloud-based accounting systems (preferably Quickbooks Online, Xero, and Expensify)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, SUMIFs, good data integrity, etc.)
- A collaborative working style and positive personality
- A willingness to develop/evolve the role and get involved in opportunities outside the accounting function
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line 'Accounting Position'.
Anthemis Group is the leading venture investment and advisory firm at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of start-ups and financial institutions, dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital age. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners and enthusiastic problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services. www.anthemis.com